Monday, August 11, 2014

James Taylor Concert

I have listened to James Taylor, on average, every other day for over 20 years now. I know every word to every song he's ever sang. He came to Dallas in June, the same day that my brother in law got married- so I couldn't make it, even though the decision to choose to attend the wedding was a VERY VERY tough call. It was pure responsibility and guilt that made me choose the wedding to be quite honest. So thank goodness he was in Oklahoma City (a 2.5 hour drive north) this last Saturday. It was AMAZING- everything I thought it would be and more. I was such a weirdo. I cried through the first four songs. Not the kind of crying you see crazy girls do for the Beatles or Elvis or anything, but apparently I just didn't know how to process seeing the super familiar voice come out of a person right in front of me- so I just cried. We were 8 rows back, check it out. From these pictures it probably looks pretty low key but he hopped all around that stage and played for 3 hours... SO awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment